Founded in 1901, the Cambridge University Engineering Society is Cambridge University’s most active academic society and one of the largest, with over 1300 current student members.
Our mission is to deliver the very best opportunities to students to enhance their skills and develop their employability. To our partners, our mission is to be their indispensable route to interaction with some of the greatest talent in the world.
We make regular contact with our network of high achieving students through numerous channels including presentations from industry, events (including the university’s largest student-run careers fair), our grants scheme and regular social activities. We are proud of how this has always resulted in very high exposure for our partners, not only to our members but also to the wider Cambridge community.
Recently, CUES has undergone a shift in focus and is rapidly expanding its reach to an increasing number of STEM and non-STEM students, as well as the postgraduate community. Membership is open to anyone at the University with an interest in technology and industry, giving us a strong membership base that is growing and diversifying.
Fun facts about the society
High profile sponsors
Login / Sign Up
Sign up to gain entry to our member-only events, take advantage of our network, get subsidised stash prices and much more.
A big hello from the executive team
President - firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m Kim and I’m a fourth year engineer at Emmanuel College, specialising in Information Engineering.
I have been on the CUES committee for three years now, and I am so excited to be in the role of president this year.
We always welcome your feedback, so please feel free to reach out to me at any point with suggestions or things you’d like to see!Close
Vice-President - email@example.com
Hi! I’m Ryan and I’m a third year engineer at Trinity College, specialising in Information and Bioengineering. This is my second year in CUES, having previously been an Events Officer and one of the first year reps.
My role is to facilitate the daily operations of the committee but you’ll likely see me hopping between our many events, so do stop by and say hi!Close
FOR SPONSORSCUES partners with industrial companies … more details
CUES Partner Information
CUES partners with industrial companies – big and small – to showcase engineering in industry and the latest placement and recruitment opportunities to the brightest talent. We collaborate closely during the recruitment phase to offer unrivalled brand exposure to our sponsors and partners:
- CUES Careers Fair: The largest student-run Careers Fair in Cambridge is a focal point for over 30 partner companies and 500 STEM students to network. Our biggest academic event is open to all interested companies annually and run in collaboration with experts from the Cambridge Careers Service, with excellent feedback from attending companies. CUES Sponsors receive guaranteed free access to our Careers Fair with priority over other attendees and premium positioning.
Detail Information: CUES Careers Fair Info 2017
- CUES Presentations: A fixed staple in the Engineering undergraduate calendar, our twice-weekly lunchtime presentations are a unique opportunity for you to dive deep into your company. Be it a technical talk, an inspirational presentation, an application skills workshop or an introduction to available graduate and internship opportunities, we design bespoke marketing materials for your talk and offer you a full 45 minutes to talk to our talented students, lunch provided. CUES Sponsors receive guaranteed free access to lunchtime presentations with priority reservations.
Detail Information: CUES Presentations Info 2017-18
- CUES Flagship Events: From site visits over afternoon workshops to 24-hour overnight hackathons, our CUES Flagship Events are loved by students and companies alike. We cooperate with the host company exclusively to give them complete access to our creative members. Word of our events spread like wildfire in Cambridge thanks to our custom publicity strategy and are always oversubscribed. Past flagship events include the ARM Hackathon and BAE Systems Capture the Flag.
- CUES Bulletin: CUES operates a twice-weekly newsletter that reaches over 1300 inboxes of active student members. In addition to promoting CUES Events, sponsors are able to submit free, unlimited entries that align with their recruitment strategy to our secretary. Non-sponsors are able to submit individual entries for £100, on a space available basis.
- CUES Social Media: CUES is one of the most active societies on Social Media. Our partners get unlimited, exclusive access to our Facebook followers and reach, as well as our Twitter, Snapchat (@CUEngSoc) and Instagram channels.
- CUES Merchandise: We prominently display our partner logos on all our popular Merchandise, which is given to new members during Fresher’s Week. CUES Merchandise is visible throughout Cambridge every day, especially on our popular hoodies and sweatshirts.
- CUES Grants: Our strong partners enable the unique CUES Grants scheme. We offer financial support for individual and collective endeavours that are difficult finance otherwise, ranging from individual hacking projects to overseas outreach opportunities and international competitions. CUES partners will learn about how the Grants are used and are able to engage with the students directly should they spot an interesting project.
- CUES Magazine: Our magazine, ‘The Cambridge Engineer’ is a fantastic vehicle for partners to promote opportunities and drive engagement. Besides classical adverts, our sponsors are offered the opportunity to submit articles and interviews about projects and people that are pushing the boundaries of engineering.
Companies interested in a partnership with CUES are always welcome to get in touch with us. If
this could be your company, please reach out to our Sponsorship Lead at
Feel free to get in touch directly, or stay up to date with society news and activities through any of our social media channels shown below